Your facial muscles play a crucial role in communicating with your loved ones, enjoying your favorite meals, and smiling confidently for a picture. However, over time, they can become inflamed and irritated, causing wrinkles, tension, and TMJ-related symptoms, like jaw pain. Luckily, there is an effective solution: Botulinum Toxin in Ripon. With this popular injectable, you can refresh your appearance and alleviate TMJ symptoms simultaneously. To get started, get in touch with our team today!
What Is Botulinum Toxin?
As one of the go-to treatments for celebrities, you’ve likely heard of BOTOX® or DYSPORT® over the years. But what exactly is it? Although it’s widely known for its cosmetic benefits, it offers medical perks as well. Essentially, it’s diluted botulinum toxin, which relaxes the hyperactive muscles it’s injected into. As a result, it relieves tension and smooths fine lines and wrinkles. It can be administered in as little as 5-10 minutes and the results can be seen within the first week!
What Are Dermal Fillers?
As skin ages, 1% of dermal collagen is lost per year, especially after 50 years of age. The skin houses 56% of the body’s hyaluronic acid, which binds water up to 1,000x its volume. Restylane® products from Galderma is a hyaluronic acid gel that rehydrates and adds volume back to deficient areas, which decreases wrinkles and provides a more youthful appearance. Results are seen immediately.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
Candidates are determined on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, the first step is to schedule a consultation with our cosmetic dentist in Ripon. From there, they will learn about your concerns, such as:
- Lines between your eyebrows
- Tension headaches
- Crow’s feet
- Muscle spasms
- Smoker’s and smile lines
- TMJ-related symptoms
- Wrinkles along your forehead
- Knots in the neck and shoulders
- Smile lines – side of the nose to corners of the mouth
- Downturned corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines – corners of the mouth to the chin
- Lip enhancements
- Cheekbone – lifting the face
While the majority of patients can benefit from this safe and effective injectable, those who are under 21 years of age, pregnant, have muscle or neurological disorders, or have skin diseases are not ideal candidates. Don’t worry – our team will review all of the qualifications in-depth during your initial consultation. Additionally, you can read the potential side effects here.
The Benefits of Botulinum Toxin
Whether you are considering Botulinum Toxin to smooth fine lines, alleviate tension headaches, or something in between, you’ll be happy to know that there are numerous benefits you’ll enjoy, including:
- Fast results – The effects are usually noticeable within five days.
- Delicate treatment – Everyone’s aesthetic goals are different. If yours is a subtle, but youthful, enhancement, then this is ideal for you.
- No surgery involved – Getting botulinum toxin doesn’t involve any scalpels, stitches, or sutures.
- Cost-effective – Compared to Botox®, Dysport® is incredibly cost-effective and effects are seen sooner.
The Benefits of Dermal Filler
Skin ages based on your lifestyle, genetics, and environment. Dermal fillers are a great way to improve the hydration and volume of your skin.
- Immediate results – The effects are seen immediately and can take up to 2 weeks to fully settle into the skin.
- Increased collagen and elastin production – As you age, the skin produces less collagen and elastin, resulting in thinner skin and wrinkles. By replenishing your skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid, it encourages a longer lasting youthful appearance.
- Used with other treatments – combined with botulinum toxin, relaxing hyperactive muscles and bringing volume back to deficient areas can result in a non-surgical face lift.